If you feel lost when it comes to exercise during pregnancy, you are not alone. The thoughts and opinions on this subject have changed significantly over the years. Today, however, evidence supports physical activity during pregnancy, and it is associated with many health benefits for both the mother and the baby.
Recommendations for physical activity during pregnancy:
- Stay physically active throughout pregnancy.
- Get at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week.
- Exercise at least 3 days per week (daily physical activity is even better ☺).
- Participate in both aerobic and resistance training activities.
- Perform pelvic floor muscle training on a daily basis.
- Modify exercises as needed.
If you have additional questions or would like more guidance on safe exercise during pregnancy, please reach out to us. We are happy to help and can even design a safe exercise program specialized for you.
Call us at (423) 616-1084 to speak with our Doctors of Physical Therapy.
Also check us out at https://absolutetx.us/?page_id=58.
*Disclaimer: These are general recommendations for typical, healthy women. If you have a severe medical or health condition, please consult with a healthcare professional before engaging in the recommendations provided.
Mottola MF, Davenport MH, Ruchat SM, Davies GA, Poitras VJ, Gray CE, Jaramillo Garcia A, Barrowman N, Adamo KB, Duggan M, Barakat R, Chilibeck P, Fleming K,